Table of contents
Health and veterinary information
Canine problems, diseases & prevention
This is the Dog Owner's Guide table of contents for "Health and veterinary information".
Because some articles are relevent to several topics they may be listed in more
than onc topic. To see a list of topics see the List
of all topics . To browse a table of contents for the entire site see Dog
Owner's Guide Table of contents. For a list of all articles listed alphabetically
by title see the index page
Health and veterinary information (74)
- Choosing a veterinarian : Your vet should be chosen with as much care
as your family doctor....
- Canine Conditioning: Canine athletes and workers need coaching and
conditioning for success
- Canine Diabetes: Dogs get diabetes too
- Dog diseases: Dogs get sick....
- The eyes have it: All about canine eyes
- Breeders, scientists work to protect dogs: Advances in combating diseases, injuries
- Puppy viruses: Distemper and Parvovirus can mean big trouble
- What is a disease?: Canine illness can take many forms
- Leptospirosis outbreaks tough to diagnose: Disease may be caused by proximity to wildlife
- Diagnostic tests save pet lives: Modern medicine's advances help your vet
- Is it an emergency?: These conditions require immediate attention
- First aid kit: A basic first aid kit
- Spay or neuter surgery: A prescription for better canine health
- Early sterilization surgery: A sure-fire way to prevent unwanted litters?
- When Ranger has hip dysplasia . . .: Here are some things you can do.
- Alternative diets and holistic treatments: Choices for dog owners and veterinarians
- Homeopathic medicine: Herbalists, homeopaths gain ground in canine medicine
- Canine Acupuncture: Dogs can get needled back to good health
- Intestinal upsets: Grumbling guts mean trouble for dogs and owners
- Should Sassy have puppies? : There's more involved than you might think. . . .
- Hot spots: Hot spots frustrate dogs and owners alike
- Heartworm disease: An ounce of prevention beats a pound of cure
- It's all in the genes: Dogs can inherit more than pretty looks from Mom and Dad
- Breaking the canine genetic code: Scientists work to build a genetic map
- Canine fur: What's fur?
- Canine allergies: They cause Fido's itchy skin, not runny nose
- Flea season for Fido: Scratch, scratch, scratch . . . it's flea season for Fido
- Canine feet: Getting from here to there: healthy canine feet make the going easy
- ER for animals: Emergency clinics take over when veterinarians go home
- Nail clipping can be easier: Proper training can reduce the stress
- The nose knows: Canine scents and sensibilities
- Book review: Living with a deaf dog: Is your dog deaf? Read this book!
- Cushing's disease: Cushing's disease can trouble older dogs
- The critters on our critters: Fleeing fleas? Ticked at ticks? Read on.
- Canine coughs: A cough is not necessarily a cold
- Veterinary chiropractic care: Spirit in holistic land
- American Kennel Club Canine Health Foundation: AKC, clubs, and fanciers seek cures for canine diseases
- Human cancer treatment goes to the dogs: Radiation gives dogs a leg up on cancer cure
- Blastomycosis: There could be a fungus among us
- Bloat: Deep-chested dogs are susceptible to gastric torsion; the dreaded "bloat"
- Autoimmune diseases: Immune system failures are a serious threat to your dog's health
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a pain in the joints
- Deceiving appearances: What looks like disobedience might be a health problem
- Summertime fun: Fun in the sun with Rover
- Canine worms: Watch out for worms
- Cold weather complications: Protecting Fido from winter hazards
- Winter woes: Voracious appetites, malicious mischief can mark winter days with pets
- Guide to careers: Vet techs: Veterinary technicians combine science and snuggling to help animal patients
- Veterinary Technicians: The physician's assistants of the animal world
- Vaccination: Shield against canine diseases.: Vaccination questions and answers by a vet
- Annual vaccinations come under scrutiny : Are changes in the wind?
- TTouch helps end submissive urination: Maggie doesn't piddle in fear any more
- More on Ttouch: Tellington Touch can calm nerves, reduce tension and improve quality of life
- The Tellington Touch: The touch that heals
- Canine thyroid disease can be tough to diagnose: The symptoms can be legion and sometimes contradictory
- Thanks: A personal note
- Mange: The mystery of mange
- Canine surgery: A guided tour through canine surgery
- Zoonotic diseases: Diseases common to animals and humans
- Canine skin: Protection from the whimsies and weapons of the environment
- Signs of canine illness: How to tell if your dog is sick
- Rabies: What every dog owner should know about rabies
- A Precious gift of life and love: Farewell to a friend
- National Animal Poison Control Center: ASPCA Poison Control Center helps vets and pets
- PennHip Q & A: Veterinarians answer PennHip questions
- PennHip method of diagnosing hip dysplasia: New x-ray technology for assessing canine hip health
- The older dog: Age brings changes in pet behavior and health
- Obesity in dogs: A major problem for pet dogs
- Over-the-counter drugs can poison pets: NSAIDs can jeopardize health and lives.
- Canine teeth: My, what big teeth you have
- Form and function: what's it all about?: The hip bone's connected to the thigh bone...
- Tiny Giardia can make Fido mighty sick : Small organism can be big trouble
- Genetic testing for breeding dogs? : Should dogs be genetically tested before having
- How do breeders choose which dogs to breed?: There's more involved then availability, looks,
Copyright 2021 Canis Major Publications